- Property Modelling Issues — issues with the prediction intervals in group contribution methods (QSPR), slides of a keynote at the PSE2015/ESCAPE25 conference.
- Webapp Mailserver — a Postfix mail server with DKIM signatures for a web application.
- MongoDB with Replica Set — a developer friendly document store.
- Running your Private Docker Registry — store your company Docker images privately.
Technology in Use
Fortran stays the king in numerical code especially coupled with Python to make the input/output easy. I expect it to stay a critical language for Céondo for at least another decade (and hopefully more!).
The graphical user interface (GUI) of our cross-platform standalone tools are more and more using HTML to render and interact with the data. To get a toolbox with elements like buttons, graphs etc. we are now using SASS.
The technology landscape evolved a lot around the cloud computing in the last years, especially in 2013/2014. The appearance of Docker made a lot of custom solutions obsolete and helped rationalize and simplify the deployment and management of our software stack.
Also, at the messaging layer, after a lot of use of ZeroMQ, we finally standardized on HTTP to communicate between services internally. This ended up being easier to debug in production and we can leverage all the work done on securing and load balancing the connections.
These notes are not up-to-date anymore.
- Private PaaS — create your Platform as a Service with Mongrel2 and ZeroMQ.
- Ganeti — cluster management system for KVM.
Technology Used in the Past
|Mongrel2||Production (October 2010 - January 2014)|
|ZeroMQ||Production (October 2010 - January 2014)|
|NodeJS||Production (January 2010 - January 2014)|
|Ganeti||Production (June 2011 - January 2014)|
|ProxMox||Production (January 2010 - June 2013)|
We may reuse them in the future depending of our needs.